Let Us | Teen Ink

Let Us

June 9, 2015
By Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other
Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other
15 articles 2 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
If you give yourself absolutely to what you are doing, you are a natural devotee.


Long live the pioneers
Rebels and mutineers
Go forth and have no fear
Come close the end is near

 

Come, let us go to a place unknown, where we won’t be ourselves anymore. Let us pen unlyrical songs and create magic from our madness. Come, let us wander with no fancy ornaments or gizmos beside, that could throw off our creativity. Yes, breathe, and roll down the hills. Come, come and stare the dead fallen leaves incessantly. Stop befooling ourselves and face the truth instead. Shriek out loud and let your wicked grief out. And yes, don’t forget to wear your heart on your sleeve. Let us peer the bountiful nature and drink its pleasures. Just for a stretch, can we be our own selves, not hungry for anyone’s acceptance?


Come, let us rip ourselves wide open and leave ourselves naked. Let that trembling anger out in the woods for the nature to soak. Come and be an observer, and let the nature govern us. Run; run until these knees turn green. Let us breather this freedom and feed our creativity. In this farland, let us stay messy and dirty, crack our chests open and bare that raw, beating heart. Reach out to that castle on the hilltop and ignite the furry beasts inside us. Swear, we will not stay serene anymore. Shed the shackles of being guided by purpose, meaning and direction. Come, let us trust the Darwinian Theory yet never let money dictate our lives. Let us lay down tonight and stare, not piercing through each other’s eyes but at the blazing stars in the midnight sky. Yes, let us wail at the moon tonight. Come, let us tell them their adorned walls can’t hold us for long.
 


The author's comments:

Come, let us tell them their adorned walls can’t hold us for long.