Open Letter To Rapists | Teen Ink

Open Letter To Rapists

May 19, 2015
By Anonymous

Dear Rapists,

I truly want to understand what drives you. Is it the feeling of power or is the sex? Honestly, I want to know. Do you realize that, according to RAINN, in America, you ruin another human's life every 107 seconds? You attack an innocent human being and ruin their chances of living a happy life and creating healthy relationships. The victims of your revolting crime go on to live lives full of misery.

 

According to RAINN, victims of rape are 3 times more likely to suffer from depression, 6 times more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol, 26 times more likely to abuse drugs, 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide. But you, you go on and continue ruining lives, destroying everyone in your path life a hurricane, putting no thought into it. If that wasn't bad enough, you rarely get caught. According to RAINN, 98% of rapists will never spend a day in jail or prison. But you already know that. How do you do it? How do you scare someone so much that they willingly keep all of their pain hidden behind a mask of fake strength. Tell me, are you proud of your snake like sneakiness? Don't be. Are you glad that the victims of your crime are too terrified to take a stand and bring you down? Please don't be. According to Dictionary.com, rape is unlawful sexual intercourse with or without force, without the consent of the victim.

 

The fact that it's unlawful doesn't escape you, does it? The feeling of power or the sensation of sex is of more value to you than another human's rights. You simply could care less. You could care less that you're ruining lives and you should be ashamed of yourself. Does hearing the excruciating screams of another human or the desperate begging for you to stop not make you feel a little guilty and make you want to stop? I guess these are just a few questions I would love to know the answers to. You disgust me. You discourage your victims to try to get help. I'm a better person than you and even though I find you repulsive, I recommend that you seek help. If you don't see how awfully vulgar your actions and thoughts are, then you need more help than anyone else.