A Gypsy Soul | Teen Ink

A Gypsy Soul

By -emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
-emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida

I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
~Lana Del Rey~

The 21st century consists of human beings, being controlled by technology and living only for money. Me however, I’m a gypsy soul that is not drawn to anybody else’s destruction except for my own. I live my life around the ocean and good music. Long nights with memoires to be shared and wildflowers in my hair. I don’t let people pull me into their storm, but rather I pull them into my rainbow.

I live with the wind blowing against my back and the sun lighting my body. Everyone has his or her own happy place. A millionaire’s would be in his extravagant mansion, a materialistic woman would be in an apartment on Fifth Avenue, mine is the sea. I have a love so intrigued and enduring for the sea. I’m enlightened how it is so wild but yet so beautiful. And at times so calm and gentle you can see straight to the bottom.

It lives its life free. Swaying back and forth and crashing onto the shore, stirring up the sand and leaving shells as gifts as it drifts back out. And it’s the sea who can create catastrophes yet it can create beautiful harmony. It’s deep yet oh so shallow, and if you look close enough, you can see the beautiful things it has to offer even in its deepest and shallowest parts. And to a gypsy girl, that’s all she wanted to be, was beautiful and wild just like the sea.

But there will always be wildflowers as I live my life as well. Wildflowers sway as the wind runs free through them. A field of pinks, purples, and yellows blossoming in the spring. And it’s the wildflowers that tell a story about a gypsy girl. Who only saw the world as something so free and short that she then considered herself to be a free spirit. The gypsy girl who would rather wear flowers in her hair, then diamonds around her neck. And it’s not until then, is when she realized that her free spirit belonged amongst the wildflowers. Where even your wildest dreams are possible.

And all she wanted to do was live a life no one dared to live. To dream dreams no one else dared to dream. But it’s the things she seeked for that scared others. And no one ever understood her. But what they often forgot to realize that all good things are wild and free. And they just can’t seem to understand her gypsy soul because they are all held captive my mental slavery of the 21st generation.