We're Changing | Teen Ink

We're Changing

March 23, 2015
By Tiani BRONZE, Wailuku, Hawaii
Tiani BRONZE, Wailuku, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
the purpose of our lives is to be happy.


Stores, magazines, and advertisements promote women that are size 0 or a “double 0,” which is smaller than a size 0. We as consumers admire those really thin women. We should admire women that don’t starve for “beauty” but admire women that know they’re beautiful inside and out. Women that puts others before themselves,  women that always have a smile on their face, and women that make others smile.


Yes, every woman is gorgeous and is beautiful in their own way, thin models, thicker lady’s. They’re gorgeous and they all have beauty. But using only thin women as models. Lower’s teens, and thicker women’s self esteem. Teens think they need to be really, really skinny. But do teens know, “31.2% of models have eating disorders (www.modelalliance.org).” Also do teens know “models that are already size 0 are still asked to drop weight (www.modelalliance.org).” These are women, not robots. They can’t possibly be more skinny. How you look right now is beauty. Don’t change because you see a unhealthy model. Those models starve because they believe that is beautiful. But how they truly, truly are is beautiful.

 

A lot of teens are getting eating disorders because of what they see on T.V. and magazines. How about instead of using anorexic models. Producers should use role models. Women that do everything for their family. Women that fought hard battles, but still manage to be happy. Women that are there for you if you need to shed a tear, Some may argue though “skinny models are more attractive, its the simple truth. (www.huffingtonpost.com).” My question to people that think that is how? How can you say that? Can’t you see every girl is unique? Also on that article one girl said, “modeling stole my confidence and gave me eating disorders  (www.huffingtonpost.com).” Right here just that sentence shows that we should change the size of models we have right now.

 

Are you one of those people that think only skinny people are pretty? Or are you like me, you believe that everybody is amazing. “Through the years our perception of beauty has gone from fat to thin, no butts to big butts, no breast to big breasts, I don’t know what’s wrong with our generation, but we are changing. (www.huffingtonpost.com)” Why is this happening now and not before? Well, I think back then people loved each other because of their personality’s, and the way we treated each other. Now all people care about are looks, and you “gotta fit in”. I’m here to tell you no you don’t. Be different, be yourself.