World Compassion Day | Teen Ink

World Compassion Day

March 7, 2015
By meerasobti GOLD, Singapore, Singapore, New Jersey
meerasobti GOLD, Singapore, Singapore, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The mind is everything. What you think you become."


I have so much faith in humanity.

Look at all we've done. We've tried SO hard to make life as enjoyable as possible for the world. And we've succeeded at what we've attempted. Humans are magic. We're like the wizards, not the muggles. The human brain is infinite, it can master absolutely anything. Just look at this technology, the affect it has is magic. I'm talking about subways, movie effects, charities, organizations, little initiatives we've put through to make peoples lives better.

We all have our struggle. That is what makes a human existence. You name it - you think your ugly and no one will love you, you feel alone and just can't find one true friend, your not getting the right grades at school - its making you feel hopeless, your stressed about college, you have anxiety issues, an emotional disorder, your poor - you don't even have enough food to eat, you hate your job - day in, day out, you cant find anyone or anything that will make you happy, HE doesn't want you, SHE won't pay attention to you, someone you love died, your battling cancer, your in the 1940's rotting away in a concentration camp. Anything.

There’s so MUCH struggle, who says you can't have any?

Yet we still have that incentive, that essence to live. I remember last night I woke up to this loud ringing I mean LOUD. Two in the morning. The fire alarm in my apartment building. It sent my heart racing. I could picture everything going up in flames, I panicked, I cried. I just felt every WILL in my body to live and in that moment everything good in life came flooding in to me, my whole human experience, I just didn't want to let go. It turned out it was a false alarm. (just some idiot smoking) Its really then when you realize what life is, that the next morning it made me just want to put my head back, look up to the sky and laugh with the pure knowledge that I am ALIVE.

I am alive, with the highest of highs, the joy - those moments that make you feel so incredibly happy. The struggle, the oh so much hopelessness.

No matter who you are, its all the same game. We try so hard to over come our struggle and make it to wherever we want to be and we ALL have the highest of the highs and lowest of the lows.

Try; try to help out your fellow human being. Some struggles are worst then others at times and just do something to make someone else's life easier. Someone else. Not YOURSELF. We're humans not wolves. Compassion is key.