Expository Essay | Teen Ink

Expository Essay

By Kyleigh.Ross14 BRONZE, Halsey, Oregon
Kyleigh.Ross14 BRONZE, Halsey, Oregon

When you feel like giving up, think about why you started.

Every day, there are many things happening in life to many people that will have an impact on them, as long as they grow older. With these many experiences, people can learn from them. When i was about eight years old, I had an impact on my life that will be effective on my life forever. This impact is when i realized people make terrible mistakes. This impact was when my dad left me.

Without a dad, I'm not going to know what it is like to have a dad growing up. To me, I think every person needs that guy in their life, daughter or son, doesn't matter. A boy needs that guy in their life to talk to, and the girls need to feel like there is someone there for them.

Without a dad, I'm not not going to have those many memories, like everyone else. Everyone always has all of these memories with their dad. I'm not going to be able to have those memories they get to have. Most of my friends get to share what they and their "parents" did. All the memories I have is with my mom, and my two sibilings. It's not really a complete family.

I'm not going to have that amazing privilege of calling someone dad. Having a dad is one thing, being able to call him dad is a different situation. I used to love calling him dad, but now I can't. There is my moms boyfriend, he is an amazing person, but it's just not the same. He is there to call a dad and I am very thankful, but it's just kind of weird. It makes me realize how much I miss my biological dad.

Altogether, the impact on my life was when my dad left me. Not having a dad, I don't get to experience what it is like to have a dad grwoing up. Also, I'm not going to have those many memories with him, the few that I did, weren't very positive at all. Lastly, I dont get to have that amazing privilege of calling someone dad. Everyone needs a dad in their life's, male or female, doesn't matter.

on Mar. 9 2015 at 1:19 pm
andilynn28 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon

"Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives"

You're a really good writer and I'm sorry this happened to you. I kinda know how it feels to not have a dad around. A lot of the time while my parents were still married my dad would leave. He wasn't there for my birthday, Christmas, and so on. And now that my parents are divorced I don't get to see my dad a lot more.

on Mar. 9 2015 at 1:12 pm
KDizzy21 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
I love your essay! ;)