Stereotyping People on Appearance | Teen Ink

Stereotyping People on Appearance

By girlwiththeglasses BRONZE, Leicester, Other
girlwiththeglasses BRONZE, Leicester, Other

"You're dammed if your too thin, you're dammed if your too heavy, according to the press I've been both. It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest me stop trying."

Stereotyping people on their appearance, people say they can tell what a persons like by looking at them once or twice. So many times I have been thought of as arrogant and obnoxious, when im really shy, quiet and anxious. No one is what they look. Stereotyping people in general isn't right. No one is one thing, we have multiple traits, and you can not know someone's traits by their appearance. Think of your mother. Best known for her kind, loving, motherly love. Not every mom is gorgeous and perfect and happy looking. Moms can be stressed a lot of the time. So if you caught a mother on her stressed day and you judged her being stern and harsh.  When shes a hard working, loving mom. People shouldnt be in categories.  People are mutiple different things. You cant fit people in groups based on what you see. People are deeper than their appearance.  Thank you for reading to my rant.Remember to think deeper than what you see.

I am very shy, I never get to voice my opinion. I always sit in groups and just listen. I dont like causing argument's. Plus im awfully shy. I dont lile upsetting people. But when someone says something unkind and mean that I dont agree with. I ponder on it and I have decided to write about it. I hope people learn something my from this. Dont have to agree with me. Hope ha enjoy x