Take Off the Rose Colored Glasses | Teen Ink

Take Off the Rose Colored Glasses

By PeaceCanConquerAll BRONZE, Peace, Hawaii
PeaceCanConquerAll BRONZE, Peace, Hawaii

"I think everybody should like everybody." Andy Warhol

The past few days, analyzing certain situations I've found myself in - I cannot help but question why someone must judge those around them when they make absolutely no effort to get to know them or understand their story.
We all have a story. A good one or bad one, we have one and in most cases it is still being written.

So, depending on one's circumstance they could be any type of person - introvert, extrovert, etc - but these things are not just who we are (or what we're labeled as) but what our stories have made us to be.

Everyone has battled with something - regardless what that demon may be - some of us have just dealt with things differently. But as human beings, running/walking/driving past each other every day it is our duty to understand and listen to each other's stories so we can surpass this judgement, leaving it behind us as a whole.
Except we cannot leave this behind if we never take the time out of our day to stop and look at who is actually around us, living with us, or crossing our path each day and simply get to know them, Essentially turning the pages of their story book, learning why they are the way they are and why they do what they do. Because sometimes what you perceive is completely different than reality.
-
You can assume anything you want about anyone you want but if you really want to understand someone you will open their book and read their story from start to finish - understanding the person and why they are the unique individual they are and for what reasons. Maybe then, we can lose our sense of judgement and then gain a sense of understanding for the stories which surround us day to day.

on Apr. 23 2015 at 12:41 am
LavanderMayday SILVER, Oroville, California

"Writers aren't exactly one person, they're a whole bunch of people trying to be one person"

wow...u really loved this poem