Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

Bullying is a worldwide problem that is yet to be stopped and is creating a lot of conflicts in teenagers and young children. Bullying is a serious matter that schools are taking lightly, which is only allowing bullies to be truculent. It is also very esoteric for teachers to understand what the victims of bullying go thru because teachers never really do anything to prevent a kid from getting bullied. There have been inexorably many theories and ideas to solve the bullying problem but are yet to find a solution.

From my experiences I can tell you that bullying hurt more mentally and emotionally then it every did physically. I first experienced bullying in the 4th grade when I had moved schools and was the new kid in school so you could expect very celerity that I got a lot of negative attention from other kids. Since the first day I went to that school this one girl and guy in my class would  pick on me everyday on how weird my name was, how I looked, or what I wore, but I was never physically bullied. I wish I had been rather bean beat up then be picked on because the emotional pain was difficult to go away. Later on next year I was not the new kid anymore and I didn’t get picked on anymore because I stood up for myself by solving the matter with the two kids and I actually became friends with guy that bullied me and he still goes to school with me but the girl had moved to another city. I can relate to (“Sorry, but it can be GOOD for children to be bullied” by Helene Guldberg) article because of the fact that I had learned to stay mentally strong and stand up for myself so that I don’t get bullied again. And I can also relate to (“ Life After Bullying” by Mark Brown) article because I stand against bullying now and attempt all I can to prevent it from happening to an other kid. My experiences with bullying were not joyful but if it weren’t for it I would not be the same person that I am today.

My views on Bullying is that it's a very serious problem leading to all sorts of problems like kids committing suicide, doing drugs, and not going to school. The matter is very serious and school's need to pay much more attention and spread the awareness. I strongly feel like schools should hand out harsher punishments to kids who bully so they can think twice before committing the same mistake again. Also I believe that schools should invest in having more security to make school a much safer place for kids. With more security around the school it can reduce the crimes outside of bullying while still preventing it from happening outside of the classroom. The security can also make sure that  kids get in their cars safe and sound. And schools should have assembly’s talking about the bullying and how it can destroy the life’s of  kids and the type of punishments that will be handed out to people who are caught doing it.

Innocent children are being bullied everyday because of being different, looking different, or dressing different. They have done nothing wrong, but  its hopeless because there are people in the world that are specious and just don't care how other people feel. Also bullying will never stop but it can decrease and schools can be a safer place for kids. Like they say “change starts with the people”.