The Eyes of the Universe | Teen Ink

The Eyes of the Universe

December 21, 2014
By Yulia BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
Yulia BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Stars are the eyes of the living and the dead. They shine upon us, reminding us of what we don't know and can't understand. They tell us the secrets of the universe, and frighten us with how unbelievably bizarre it is. Stars are our loved ones we lost and can't get back. In the darkest times, they are always there, watching. Perhaps, we'll never see their true greatness, perhaps we'll only see these little sparkling dots. Even so small, they brighten up the sky and bring us all to unity, therefore we are all nothings, a bunch of nothings who are staring at the beautiful sky and become one in the miracle of wonder.

So why are we, so similar by nature, become so different and hostile when the stars are hidden under the blanket of clouds? We hate what is different, yet everything is same. We think if we are older, or richer, or more popular, we have the right to judge and discriminate. We seek happiness in revenge. We destroy, what is stronger, we eradicate what is greater. We forget, the moral and the God, and fill our hearts with sins and evil. Why did we forget, the stars and what they keep? What brought us to this life of badness and unkindness? Our world is hell and we are Satins. Those who speak from God, do what Satan tells them. Those who ask for unity, the ones who the unity destroy. The ones who speak of truth, lie as they talk. And we all know that, and we are all guilty of arrogance and fear of the truth. We all have to open our eyes and look at the stars more often. They'll give us hope and once again remind us, that we are all nothings, a bunch of nothings who got lost on the way to reach the stars, but who all once in a while become one in the miracle of wonder.