America | Teen Ink

America

November 7, 2014
By Ostleberry23 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Ostleberry23 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Choice. A word that isn’t even in peoples vocabularies all around the world. A word Americans are far too familiar with.  The freedom of selecting or making a decision is what Americans have grown accustomed to.  If you were an American could you just imagine not being able to choose what wanted to be when you’re older?  Exactly.  So is choice something we should take for granted? 
That’s what makes being an American so distinct .  I love waking up every morning having the own free will to do whatever it is that I want to do. This makes me appreciative and proud to be an American. 
I don’t know any other feeling that is better than going out into the world having a mindset of what I want to do and being able to do it simply because I live in the land of opportunity. That’s not something to take for granted.  That’s something only a loyal country like the United States offers to its people.  I as U.S. citizen did not have choice of what life  I was born into.  But, with the life given to me here in the United States, I can now pursue any dream imaginable.  Nothing beats winning the odds of being born in the greatest country on earth and having the freedom of choice to go along with it. 
I know it may not seem like much that I live in America but I do believe it is a huge deal that I live in the most powerful country in the world.  That alone is something special.  You know what they say, America is the land of the free and home of the brave but, I’d also like to think it’s the land of choice.  Without choice there would be no freedom or bravery.  I am proud to be an American.