Mandatory Apperence? | Teen Ink

Mandatory Apperence?

Social areas and schools for the majority have been fixated on almost manditory looks. Mostly viewed towards girls, teen’s espiecally spend almost 15 to 80 percent of their day focused on apperence. Our social apmesphere pressures people into creating this mandatory look with in some cases extreme messures. If we break down this issue its girls asking themselves “well why can’t I look like her?” Well you aren’t that girl. If you’re the the same height the same age or the same anything on the outside means nothing in the terms of whats going on inside. We look at weight to be a huge struggle today, but what is the “mandated looks” if everyone I mean everyone is different physically! What if the person you told to lose 15 pound or they won’t “fit in” can’t? It plumets someones self esteem knowing that they aren’t got enough. Not because of their personality. Not because of how they acts towards people but because of their weight. Basically telling someone they aren’t good enough hurts. You may not think it does because no one ever has told you that you are not good enough. Words could hurt someone more then a punch because it defeats you mentally on the inside. What if that girl who you thought was the wrong size could have an amazing talent. If someone isn’t a size petite or tiny doesn’t mean they aren’t human.

Just think about this what if being these skinny size two girls wasn’t the normal thing. See it could easily go the other way. Thinking that a mandatory apperence is real…well it isn’t. What’s real is being you because you are the greatest person that you’ll ever be

I have been someone who is judged on their apperence and it inspired me to write about it.