Pass It On | Teen Ink

Pass It On

By Laura11199 BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio
Laura11199 BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio

“Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have anything to do with it.”

-Haim Ginott

Adults don’t realize they are the same as teenagers, adults make just as many mistakes a teenagers do, and the same ones for that matter.

Children are going to grow think that the world is a perfect place but in reality the world couldn't be further away from perfect. When I was younger I was so happy in my own little world watching cartoons and playing with my friends. Ignorance is bliss, if you have no idea what is going on then you don't have to worry about it. Just when kids pop their ignorant bubble they see the world for what it is. Adults don’t realize when kids are ready to see the world in its true colors. When the day comes that you step out into the world, some of them won’t be ready, and life will hit them hard.

People grow up, kids have seen all the bad things that people do, we have seen the truth true about the world. Our teachers realize how messed up the world is. I, in our classes we are learning to try to fix these problems, because they know that we are going to have clean it all up, all your tantrums and messes that adults make. We have done a world issues convention where we have to solve a world issue, things like this will help the next generation to clean up the messes that adults have created.

Adults often getting frustrated with teenagers for being irresponsible, but they have not really seen what they have done with world. They are making choices that are defining and ruining the world for the next generation. The teenagers that they think are ignorant brats are the ones who have to clean up your messes they could of avoided. Adults can't tell me that I need to think before I do something because they are obviously aren't thinking about who has to take care of the world next. We are the mothers and adults are the children. They, you may think it is the other way round, but it’s not.

I am not saying that teens are perfect, and we don’t make mistakes. We all make mistakes how would the world be if no one make a mistake? How would we learn? Our world is built on mistakes, but there is no reason to punish for something that adults have made over and over again. We are following our parents and role models examples if someone we idolize does something bad we might want to do it to. If we turn out to be a "bad child" the. It in not all our fault.

We still need help, when we grow up we are molded to what society is, and when the world is as bad at it is you can't expect no one to break. We have made our mistakes and so have they. I just don’t understand why we get the lecturing we already feel bad for what we did.  End with something stronger. Use the clinchers handout. I recommend a look to the future. What can the future generation accomplish? Or, challenge the future generation to prove adults wrong.

There is a difference between the new generation and old, the new generation is willing to learn and accept new ideas, because we have to, if you don't then you world will leave you behind. The world is at a pace that is not slowing down and won't wait for anyone, so keep up. That what we have to do, we have to fix the world before it goes to a place of no return. That is the only thing everyone can do, try to fix the world and pass it on.