High School | Teen Ink

High School

October 21, 2014
By lizsodini BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
lizsodini BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
When nothing goes right go left.


all the different kinds of people called High School? Well if you haven’t, I wouldn’t suggest it. What with all the jocks and their egos the size of Jupiter. Or the Queen Bees who think they're better than everybody else. The outcasts who don’t know where they belong, when they really just need a friend. The people in the middle who are classified as normal. And then there’s where I fall into, the nerds. The nerds (aka the know it alls) who can answer every question in class. These aren’t every group in school but it’s a good 85% of the school’s population minus teachers. If you aren’t a Queen Bee or a jock, you’re a nobody. Well, not necessarily, the normal people are there too. It’s just, if you want to make it in school, you need to play the three main sports, which are: football, basketball, or soccer. Or you have to have tons of friends, and buy hundred dollar clothing just to “be” a Queen Bee. I mean the jocks can be in accelerated and/or AP classes, but people expect them to put sport/exercise first.

It’s so typical of the human race now a days. We stereotype people just by the sports they play or who they hang out with. It’s just a messed up society.

Anyway the people who get straight A’s, are in all AP/accelerated classes, and, well, like school are the nerds/geniuses. But here I am making an exception. I couldn’t care less about school, but my parents, they want me to be president someday. And I don’t want to burst their bubble, but I’m a girl, and I don’t think society is ready for a woman president. Anyways here I am in AP English writing about how I feel about high school. Which is stupid in my book, because you say one bad thing about school and the teachers don’t “care” for you anymore. They think you're “too cool for school” kid who would rather be anywhere other than school, and not learning. That’s not true though, at least for me. I like learning, I really do, but in a library without all of the stuck up brats. Where no one is judging you by how many books you read. Another thing I hate about this school, is how big it is. Every turn you take, is into the wrong hallway. It is the most confusing thing about school, and don’t even get me started on Phys. Ed.

UGH!

It’s horrible!

Not to mention my worst class either. School is to teach you knowledge that will help you later in life. Health for instance makes sense, so does all the important subjects, such as: Math, English, History, and Science. They all make perfect sense, but music? Unless you’re amazing , it’s pointless to learn. Same with art. I feel that the only subjects that are important to learn are the Core subjects, a Foreign Language, and Health, that’s it. I mean who wouldn’t want to learn, crazy people that’s who. Another thing about school, is that they set lunch at the worst times ever! Lunch is from 10:00- 1:00. It’s a good time zone, but it is so early, and late. I mean seriously. Why mix the lunches also, if there are four lunches, and four grades? It just doesn't make sense. Also, I still don’t understand why I have to write this paper, I mean these are the private thoughts in my brain. This is the truth in my mind. And the thing I have noticed with the truth, is that people don’t want to listen to it. They teach about how important the truth is, but when you tell the truth everyone gets mad at you. And for them to accept the truth, is for you to “sugar coat” it with compliments or whatever, so it won’t hurt as much. So my moral of this paper is to lie in all of the papers with your “thoughts” because I guarantee that you will offend at least one person no matter how hard you tried not to. But as I said, high school in not on my list of favorite places. It’s full of annoying kids who care only of themselves, and how they look to other people.