Being Yourself

What is this world coming to? You might answer that it is expanding as we travel to new frontiers in the fields of science, medicine, technology, etc. That is all good, but really what are people coming to? Everyone is trying to conform to the average person mold, and that means everyone is trying to be the same. That is not a good thing.

The problem with everyone conforming is that everyone is shoving their originality into a grave and threatening it to comply or completely die. They are squashing what makes them an individual and becoming just another human being. They are acting, talking, and trying to look a certain way just because someone else was like that.

Originality is the fuel for innovation and the world in general. Without our originality, we become more like animals. We simply try to go through life as clones of the ideal human being, and, ironically enough, we loose our very humanity. We become glorified animals.

Why does everyone try to become another popular person? Well, first we need to understand how the popular person mold came about. One day, who knows when, there was a boy and a girl. They might have known each other, but most likely, they weren’t even from the same time. They both acted a certain way and were very successful. People started to admire them and want the same success. Naturally, people started acting that same way, drawn to the idea of fame and adoration. All they really did was scar the world with their following. Now, we want to be popular, well liked, and looked up to.

About now you might be wondering what in the world you are going to do. I’ll give you a hand. Whatever fits. You are an individual with unique ideas and goals. You can be anything, as long as it is you. You can come up with the reason people are ticklish, decipher a dead language, or just work at McDonalds for the rest of your life and raise a family. As long as you are happy and not hurting anyone else, you can be whatever you want. Help your originality out of the grave and shake hands with it.

Another thing, you don’t have to look like a supermodel. You can be doughy and a midget, as long as you are you. If people don’t accept that, they need to realize that looks really don’t matter. Every girl has beauty in her, and if someone tells you that you aren’t beautiful, they are blind.

To finish, don’t be scared to save the world. In fact, lead others to the change. Be a revolutionary by just being you.

Inkzlinger said...
Loved this! Your points reminded my of the way I think. :p

The_Book_Thief replied...
Oct. 4, 2014 at 11:06 am
Thank you! I'm glad you agree!

YoelaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I definitely agree. Let us change the world by being ourselves!

The_Book_Thief replied...
Oct. 4, 2014 at 11:07 am
Exactly!