Dysfunctional Society Lead by Fate | Teen Ink

Dysfunctional Society Lead by Fate

June 20, 2014
By sassyshania BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
sassyshania BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you don't build your own dreams than someone else will hire you to help build their.


Actions always have consequences. People are responsible for the actions that they take. Or are they? What if people are not in control of their actions, will there still be consequences and responsibility taken? Is the response “I had no control of what I did, it’s not my fault” ever a good response after an accident? The world we live in expects for responsibilities to be taken when wrongdoings occur, so how does fate play a part in achieving responsibilities for wrongdoings? Fate is the belief that people’s actions are destined to happen or predetermined. A belief in fate diminishes the sense of moral responsibility necessary for functional society by disincentivizing careful thought and displacing blame. So in the interest of the state and of the community, such ideas must be discouraged.

Suburban neighborhood and inner cities at one point in our history was deeming to be safe whether or not because the amount of police force there were or because these places were actually safe. However, recently all over America crime has seemed to rise for the third consecutive year. It is no coincidence that the rise crime in our society stems from the belief of fate. People in society see children from rough childhoods likely hood to become criminals astronomical. The issue with that is because these children have horrible childhoods or criminals as parents’ people in society see it as their fate to become criminals and leave them up to their “fate”. If society allows children from bad homes think that it is understandable that they will become a criminal then society is shooting itself in the foot. Society cannot be effective if we allow people to believe because of bad circumstances in their lives it is predetermined that your life has no other meaning than to be a part of a life of crime.

Fate is the excuse that people use to take the lazy way out of life. The belief in fate only seems plausible if one decides not to consider the steps it takes to reach what is fated to occur. For something to be fated to occur it means that ever decision that leads to one’s fate is also fated to occur. Excuses are why the morality in the society we live in is horrendous because the ability to not have to take responsibility or for feeling remorse as long as we believe in fate will always win out than taking responsibility. So the question is not what is wrong with our society but why is that people allow the idea fate run their lives to the point they are not even truly living?


The author's comments:
I was inspired with the concept of fate after having a debate on fate versus free will in my English class.