The editing age | Teen Ink

The editing age

By deformed-pig BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
deformed-pig BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Mmmhh this is a tastey burger: samuel L. jackson

1.)Theres a brand new world out there with a hunger for brand new talent, and you could be part of it. With your new found skills of movie creating you and your team could be able to make money off of your movies and become famous.And who doesn’t want to be famous, do you? You would be able to go to award shows for your films at foreign festivals and also national festivals. If you get money off of your movies, if anything it would be an ample amount. Therefor you could donate money to charities and donate cash to the sick kids in hospitals. On the very plus side you and your team could meet and film with celebrities like actors/actresses and directors.Also you could brag to your friends and put them in your well known projects. Its sad how many children and teens don’t respect and know how to create an actual movie. A fact is that Avatar an extremely famous movie from 2012 made box office sales of money adding up to $2,782,275,172.00 from the movie alone and that is a feat that will take a masterpiece to overcome. That is what you could do with the potential of being an editor.

2.) Explosions, explosions, explosions!You could alter the visual reality of you clips creating special effects and edits, that make the audience watch closely in awe. With cgi or computer-generated-images you could make objects that are fake appear real with what the actors are doing in the movie as if the cgi were real. That can also be added to a green screen where you can take out the background of a clip and put it behind the actors/actresses. That gives the cool illusion of the people appearing somewhere where they’re not like the moon with good lighting. Its also very easy. Wouldn’t you want to learn how to do that in 5 minutes? And if you put enough practice into it then you would be eligible to win best fx at a film festival! There is a digital media academy every summer in harvard university that I have attended and usually 100 kids per year pay to be in these academies. How bout them apples.

3.) Editing is surprisingly easy and actually even fun. It really doesn’t take long to learn the very basics of editing like cuts, fades and ripple deletes. Do like a suspenseful eerie plot? well with these crazy simple edits then you’ll have that feeling! All these basics will open a whole new door that you will become addicted to and you’ll have to learn more and get on a path towards harder effects like 4 quadrant screens, and green screen.Most famous gamers on youtube such as Pewdiepie, Tobuscus, and KYR Sp33dy all use Adobe premiere pro cs5 and final cut pro 7 which is what I use and I think are the easiest and most effect filled programs you and your friends could use. You can trust this accusation because I have lived it. You’ll find yourself making tons of movies with your freinds and family and love watching you movie world expand and become something with the potential to get rich and help the world with you filming zeal. Now thats something I know anybody would jump at the chance for.

The world doesn’t know much about the argument of this topic and that is why I shall show you how controversial it is. Many people would say that creating, and editing movies is a waste of time and that the chance of becoming recognized is low and that you should spend your money on something useful. Also to leave it to the professionals! Now thats some BS! I however know for a fact that these assumptions that people have made, havent been proven through facts and therefore making them just assumptions. The time it takes to make a movie is actually not that long if you have a team minimum of 3 people which is not that big. And the reason independent groups don’t win that many film festivals is simply because not that many people even try their hardest and have the inspiration to create something big. Not that many kids/teens even make movies, and that is the reason for my claim. And you should not just leave it to the professionals because they are all looking for new competition, and help from the talented youthful directors/editors to create something big, like you. And make that money out of that hard work you did. That is my claim and that is the reason filled essay of why the youthful should edit and make fun movies.

I have lived in this editing age and still am now and I must pass it through to all.