Is War the only way to get peace? | Teen Ink

Is War the only way to get peace?

By Listen BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Listen BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Have you ever seen a war? or even bigger, have you ever been in a war? Have you ever seen the blood that's lost? Our loved ones gone forever because of it. Have you ever thought about why this happens? Why we lose our people? Why our cities and countries are damages and are beyond repair? Why we spend millions and billions of dollars for a cause that is not even important?

As you have already heard a lot of time, wars are destructive, violent, and useless. They do less helping than they do damaging.

So why make all this happen for something that is not even worth it?

If you look at any war that had happen before, you know what the effects were.

Think about the nearly 6 million Jews that were killed.
Think about the damaged cities, the cities once were a place where people flooded to see the beauty of it. Now after the war, only bits of it remain.
Think about the millions of dollars America has spent for the Iraq war. Washington DC ended up borrowing some $2 trillion to finance the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Josh Lockman, an expert on international law and American foreign policy at the USC Gould School said, “The consequence of the war, unfortunately, has been both a reshaped Middle East landscape which has empowered Iran and weakened U.S. resolve and leadership in the region.” The war had resulted America a problem instead of a happiness or a pleasure.
No one had time to think back about all these problems. And why they happened. Why we feel sorry about the causes the wars did after it happened? Why we feel war is the only response for an answer that they couldn't achieve?
It might be because the people involved in the war might think it is the only way to get peace. But peace can be reached by other ways than wars. If they find an agreement in which they both equally have the same part in it, even though it might not be what they really wanted, we can reach a peaceful argument.

One can say that wars are important because we need to keep our countries safe and secure it. Okay well, when are the times where wars are fought to keep a country safe. Most wars are not fought for security but instead for “spirit” such as a way to put on a revenge. The wars that were for purpose are rare.

Lets take the the Nazis killing the Jews in the World War II. Most of them died because they were murdered or died of starvation, disease, neglect, or maltreatment. And there were other peoples too who were not Jews but were killed. When we look at this, we might ask why? And the answer is they were innocent. They did nothing wrong. It was all because of what the absent-minded people did to these innocent people. The Nazis believed that the Jews deemed “inferior” and were a threat to the so-called German racial community.

And from everything that I know, the Jews who were killed in the World War II was the worst mistake any mankind had ever did.

And aside from the Jews who were killed, it was the bloodiest, deadliest war the world had ever seen. More than 38 million people died, many of them innocent civilians

It also was the most destructive war in history. Fighting raged in many parts of the world. More than 50 nations took part in the war, which changed the world forever.

And again all this happened because the people at that time took the wrong direction. When Germany lost the World War I, the other countries who were in the war cost Germany a lot of price. The Germans were treated bitterly after their defeat of World War I and that was the main reason why the war started because the Germans wanted revenge.

As for the cities, you can search up “cities after war” and see dozens of cities that were damaged because of wars. Damaged cities mean that the country would have to spend a lot of money to rebuild the city back again. And the money of the country comes from who, you might ask. And it is from the people. Which means that the country would have to take more money from the people which means higher taxes for most of them and other ways in which the people have to pay. Why make all this circle of disasters happen when we could have just ended the war before it even started and prevent this chaos?

Aside from that, let me remind you the billions of dollars America has spent in every wars she had been. In a war where there is only two result, winning means victory, losing means defeat.

Do we really know the real definition of war? No we don’t. Unless you think about the people who die, the economy of a country that is affected, the money that is spent, and of course the buildings, and other valuable artifacts that are going to be damaged, you don't what a war is.

War is a way to destroy everything.
Look at the people or loved ones who were killed by wars. Inhumane.
Look at at many cities like Kolberg which are damaged further than being fixed. Depressing.
Look at the countries who spent millions of dollars in wars. Useless.
But since we are living in a world where there are bad things happening everywhere, it is hard to find a world without a war. And trying to end a war seems like a task that is impossible. But we can do it if we stand together and think for a minute what the effects that wars have.
We won't need to bomb countries to give them a lesson. We don't need to point a gun at innocent people and say they are guilty while they are innocent. We don't need to treat people bitterly because they are, of course, humans like everybody.
We just need to say ¨ENOUGH IS ENOUGH¨ when there are times when countries declare wars in a matter that can be solved peacefully. And people sometimes need to back off from their wishes and desires to take a look at what they are doing.
We can't stop a war. That is impossible. But we can stop the many wars that occur for a useless cause. We can stop history from repeating itself.
Lets make our world a better place.