People like me and you | Teen Ink

People like me and you

By Domo4pres BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Domo4pres BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

“Spare change”? “Please”? “Spare change”? “sorry I don’t have any on me right now maybe next time”. Pause! Do you really? Or you can’t take the time out of your hands and check? This is one reason why we need to do something. Like give the homeless house’s. Yeah that would work out great. In this editorial you will learn why we should make house’s for the homeless. The reason why I choose this is because i’m sick of seeing homeless people in pain and aganee. This is why I choose this.

Read on and see what they go through.

Read on and try to understand how they feel about what is happening to them.

Read on and take a stand to try to help them.

Here is one reason why we should make house’s for them. As me and you know we all seen at least one homeless person freezing from the cold weather or being burnt in the summer hot days. They go through more pain that any ordinary citizen in the united states of america. Imagine if it was you who was that homeless person. Who ask yourself if you had change. And you said that you didn’t have any change but you did. One more thing imagine being baked like a potato, in the overheating heat of the summer long days. Or freeze like a popsicle. When winter harsh coldness pierce your skin. And feeling your body go numb. Would you like that? No. No one would.

Another reason why we should do this is because the homeless population would drop a lot. According to one article, It said that in the U.S.A, there were about 633,782 homeless people. Thats a lot of homeless people in 2013 right? Yeah. Thats is also another reason why we need to make house’s. Then we wouldn’t have to lie to those poor people who didn’t deserve that fate. Do you want the homeless population to drop or increase? This image shows what we will have to decide for our future.

“We shouldn’t focus on the homeless right now we need to focus on education and jobs”. Well that is only part true.We already have enough focus on education for kids and jobs. But were talking about human being’s like me and you. I have interviewed a couple people. One of their responses were “that it should be discussed about in the U.S because there are a lot of homeless people. Also I don’t think that anyone should be like I don’t have a home. That they should be like there thats my home. Everyone should have a place call home.” This shows how much people care about the homeless and how they think they should make house’s for them.
Another one that is against making house’s for the homeless is this quote right here. “Some homeless people are bums that threw their lives away because they didn't care for education”. That is not true. Have you ever thought that something bad happen in there life? And it drove them so far in depression that they became homeless. They most likely actually cared for their education until they lost something dear to them. There are million of ways to explain why they did what they did. Plus most people who became homeless most likely had a job and couldn’t pay the bill and all because they got laid off. This is the most common reason why people became homeless.
Another thing is that they are more vulnerable to infections and diseases because they are eating things that may have parasites in side of them. Another thing is that they might not see sharp things and might get cut. That cut could get infected to. And since there homeless and don’t have money they might die from the infection because they didn’t have antibiotics to disinfect it. If they were to have a house that would never happen because the house wouldn’t have that many sharp things. Plus even if they do get cut there would be antibiotics somewhere in the house or have people to come in to take care of that cut.

So in conclusion we could stop most of the homeless population. By making house’s for them were buildings got torn down and they don’t know what to do with it. We could also help them get a education for a job. But the only way to do this is by making funds, Charity, and donate money to help those in need without house’s and food. The government could set up a donation box all over the country. And those who are the one’s who actually care and have a heart could donate money. We can start a new revolution by this. All you have to do is donate 4 to 5 dollars and make a difference.
(P.S When you see a homeless person don’t lie. Take the time out of your hand and give them money or change)