Violence Prevention, New Inventions | Teen Ink

Violence Prevention, New Inventions

Less violence.
We need less violence in the usa. There is a homicide every 60 seconds. 60 seconds. This is where you live. Ask yourself a question, are you safe. My friends sister was shot while walking home with her little sister.

Innocent.

So just remember, this is where you live and anything can happen at anytime.

Rest in paradise Charlene.
Wait. Did you know the us murder rate is higher than nearly all developed countries. From January 1st 2013 to present day USA there are more than 15,800 homicides right now.

That is a lot of people. Would you consider abortion violent? I would. Abortion is the most caused death. From January there have been 1,140,346 deaths by abortion…and still counting. So whats the point of Adoption. Most people think that Chicago has the highest crime rate but what happens if I told you the Detroit does. According to the Huffington Post, a national newspaper, for five straight years Detroit has had the highest crime rate. That is why we need less abortion to stop violence in the us.
I, Kyle Mercado, interviewed my good friend Eric Johnson. I asked him What do you think on violence in the us and why is there too much. Eric had said to me, “There is too much violence in the United States of America and there is too much violence because people aren’t open to other peoples beliefs and opinions.” I also asked him if he thought abortion was a crime he said’ “No.” I asked him why he said, “ If someone isn’t ready for a child then they can have that.” I also asked a couple of people I knew if they knew which city in the us had the highest crime rate. 1 out of the 6 people I asked said Detroit. Everyone else said Chicago.
One of the reasons I feel we have so much violence in the us is because of gun control. Imagine being a parent in florida where you can have a gun for self defense and your child is walking home all alone and then.
Gone.
Hes gone and you can never see him again, when someone wanted to use their gun on your son for no reason. I think most gun violence happens in the Southeast because of this Gun law and partially gangs. The fact that we can't prevent every act of violence doesn't mean we can't steadily reduce the violence, and prevent the very worst violence. I think
personally we should also ban all automatic weapons. When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook elementary school, police say he largely relied on a bish Bushmaster ar-15 assault weapon. According to The Washington Post, the newspaper for Washington DC, advocates of stricter gun control argue that it shouldn't be so easy to have access to weapons that powerful or two magazines capable of holding so many bullets. for the cause of this, president Obama has also said that he support a federal ban.back in 1994, Congress passed a federal assault weapons ban that lasted 10 years, experts too have studied the law tend to agree that if it was rife with loopholes and generally ineffective at curbing gun violence
though it might will have reduced mass shootings.

Would the crime rate go down in the United states if we had a stronger police force in every state? Well we don’t know that answer, but maybe it would. Detroit might have one of the worst police force in the US . We just have to wait to find out.

What happens if you lived in Detroit? What happens if everyday you got jumped? What happens if you die. Then you can never see your family again.This is the reality for people who live in Detroit and who go through this everyday not only in Detroit but in the bad cities like Chicago, Memphis, Tennessee and more.

After Charlene’s death the whole city of Cambridge went crazy, Charlene’s cousin was trying to find out who shot her and the mother and father couldn’t stop thinking about her daughter. After this, parts of Cambridge had neighborhood shootings and fights. It was violent. Tears, hugs, memories, all these things were shared at Charlenes candle lighting. It was sad for the people in Cambridge that day and forever will be. Just remember its not in just Detroit, Chicago, or Tennessee. Its also 5 to 10 minutes away from where you live. There Is violence everyday in the United States and that needs to stop.
Rest in Paradise Charlene.

We need to just stop violence and thats why I wrote this editorial. Im tired of it.