The downfall of humanity

With billions of dollars donated and millions of hours volunteered in the last year alone to great causes trying to help one another, you would rarely associate human beings with labels like cruel or barbarian-like. Sure there are many exceptions to this and not everyone who needs help receives it. After all we don't live in a perfect country. Although this mostly true, human’s basic senses of nurture and aid to their species, the exceptions to this norm can be frightening. Reading through CNN latest stories sections, I stumbled across I weird and highly disturbing story on one of the last couple stories. Title?: "Man plotted to kill and eat children, feds say" First reaction: WHAT?! What would cause any human being to lose it to that degree on insanity and any degree of cannibalism? Second opinion? Why was it on the 5th page of the latest news for CNN? Is it that this story is so normal for it to just be one of the last pages of the latest stories section or for it to be described with such broad, almost empty words? Certain stories I can understand have a bigger, more international/national impact like the issue in Syria but does Beyonce's hair getting stuck in a fan really need to be highlighted under the latest news section for 1 week while disturbing, hopefully infrequent stories like the one above stay on the latest stories/justice column for a day or 2?

Many of you may be familiar with Newtons 3rd law of motion, for every action there is a reaction. To some this is just a scientific theory that applies to motion stating that for every action there is in the world, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Why can't this apply for humans? Apathy or ignorance isn't ever the best reaction. Being taught that stories like this are real, important and bad, trying to figure out ways to help people who may need psychological help and trying our best to protect one another may not completely solve the issue, but its a start.

The “downfall of humanity" may be more than just a theory, there are signs of "brutality" all around us: hunger for money, corruption, selfishness, etc. But I personally like to think that there are more good than bad in the world. I loved to hear about the discover of an "amazingly, cute new species of mammals" as much as the next person, but just I think there is a time and place for that in comparison to national humanity problems like the guy who tried to kidnap and eat children. I believe Sir Isaac Newton would’ve agreed

ChasingForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This is really great! Well done :)

compassionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the subject. I agree how frivolous things are often given importance setting the substantial news behind.  Theory useage  is nice. Your writing is nice. I found the last couple of lines difficult to understand though. You did a good job overall.

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:33 am:
Okay, um..... WOW. Like Ellie said, you have great insight and your ideas are very clearly developed and conveyed. Great Job. 

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your post has me blown away. Your post provides a unique angle with which to view the news. Your insight is amazing, and I can tell that you put a lot of time and thought into this piece. I especially love how you question the readers. I was kept thoroughly engaged. Great job! The definition comparison was brilliant and creative.  

boundlesswildflower replied...
Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm :
Thanks so much 411 ellie!!!! u know your comments always mean the world to mean and are so thoughtful and encouraging!! :) Of course i'd love to read your pieces (already read half but can't rate because of my terrible internet) thanks again!! 

shru101 said...
Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:51 am:
You have written an outstanding piece. Thoroughly enjoyed the vividness of your writing, and the ability to showcase both views!  really very good! :)

boundlesswildflower replied...
Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:05 pm :
Thank you!! Your comment really means a lot. Its helps me want to write even more

holly1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 5:11 am:
Great writing! I loved the message this article sends and I think we could all learn something from it. Although there were one or two grammatical errors, this was a great peice and interesting to read. Well written, too :)

boundlesswildflower replied...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm :
Thanks that means a lot! I'm not good at proof reading but will work on that.