Optimism | Teen Ink

Optimism

September 30, 2013
By Jaeden Rolofson BRONZE, Wichita, Kansas
Jaeden Rolofson BRONZE, Wichita, Kansas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence (Helen Keller). Optimism is the belief that good ultimately predominates over evil in the world like confidence, hopefulness, or cheerfulness (1). I will explain you about my experiences about the optimism.

In the past, while my childhood; I had rarely friends in my school because I was only deaf person in the class, and I had hard time to chat with my friends. I always must to depend on interpreter all time for classes, chat, etc. I don’t have enough eyes to look at interpreter and the teacher’s notes same time. Luckily I had a gift to be smart from learn myself, and I had good grades at the school. Unfortunately I have little time to chat and social my hearing friends at the school. I had the optimism personality to keep forward, and I was friendly to everyone at the school even so I had hard times. Later, I went to Kansas School for the Deaf in Olathe, KS at 6th grade, and I got many deaf friends immediately when I joined the school. I was happy because I finally have A and B chats than A, B, and C chats (C is the interpreter). I didn’t like that interpreter always nosy at our chats in the childhood. I was relieved that I had optimism personality to keep on, so if I didn't have it, I will have bad thoughts and I can’t have happy personality at KSD. Maybe I can have several friends at KSD because of bad personalities but I didn’t. I believed that optimism helped my childhood to have good times, so I can be happier at KSD. For three years, I learned more things like social studies and science because at my old school, I only learned English and math most times. Now, I am 9th grader and is proud of my optimism personality.


These experiences changed my view of the optimism better than past I had. I suggest you that you should always be optimistic all times to your friends, strangers, family, and everyone. Without it, you will not exists right now or have bad time with your life. Trust me.
1.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/optimism?s=t