Feedback to "Conquering Self-Harm"

Self-Harm is a very difficult obstacle to overcome, but teenager, “Karen” tells us about her journey in her article, “Conquering Self-Harm.” This article really touched my heart and helped me realize how words can really hurt a person. It inspired me to stand up to bullies at my school and to comfort the victims. Also, this passage opened my eyes on the subject of self-harm. I often see people with scars on their bodies and I never understood why they would cut themselves. On the outside, I saw joy and happiness. I never thought that inside, there was pain and hurt.

This passage also hit me personally. I have many friends that harm themselves and I never know how to encounter them with the subject. In this article, “Karen’s” English teacher encouraged her to stop cutting herself. She then gave tips on how to confide in someone. And I realized that all the person needed was love, comfort, and inspiration. “Karen” saw that her English teacher was the only one who believed in her. JUst one person was enough for “Karen” to stop. I want to be that one person that saves a friend.

Karen C. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the concluding line, Joyce; one person can really make a difference! :)