The absence of a voice | Teen Ink

The absence of a voice

By Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida

Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent-thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman and always loves only a warrior

How do you voice anything worthy? It’s easy to speak of others, current events, the endless amount of facts the world spits out. But, how do you voice your own ideas and madness?
Thoughts fly through your mind, with no regard of ever being fragmented into a grammatically correct sentences, no purpose or desire to be voiced in public.
What if once you begin speaking of your own world, no one is truly interested…and you become a candidate for poor speech. And not the type of speech that is illiterate, but the lost ideas of others, pouring out of your mouth. No originality.

Human kind tends to repeat history and live in this odd obsession with the past. I look around and it seems as though new ideas have ceased. All trends are tied to the past, making them a colorful twist of vintage puke!

What if we have hit a rut in humanity? Forever condoned to repeating history. Maybe this truly is purgatory! After all, that is what we embody; pop culture mind control and the consumption of technology. Take, take take. We love to take and hardly give.

Social media and cell phones have become the black plague of the 21st century. What is eye contact, when you can text a moment? What is a love letter, when it can be sent via facebook? What is entertaining a child or toys, when the Ipad easily shuts them up?

In some ways, the present is worse off than the past; we are well aware of racism, inequality, cruel treatment, starvation, yet we thrive and walk on dirty streets. Morals are dying, ambition vanishing. We stand for nothing and are raised to believe we deserve everything. It’s not surprising the suicide rate has increased over the years. Living with no purpose, a modern day zombie.

How flawed the world is. Minds are molded so easily, we lose touch with the desire to speak up and say something. Docile and compliant communities, drones of money and suburban facades. Mother nature doesn’t even hear our fake cries of love.

I guess my point is, originality is dead, few of us stand for anything and the world keeps burning.