How Private is your life? | Teen Ink

How Private is your life?

By sonia03 BRONZE, Hilmar, California
sonia03 BRONZE, Hilmar, California

bye.

How Private is your Life?

Nothing is as private as you think anymore. Especially our lives. Now a day’s there’s cameras everywhere you go. There on sidewalks, hidden in restaurants, even at parks. People may say that this is against our fourth amendment right. In a way yes it does. We have the right to be secure in our homes. For all we know, your neighbor could have a hidden camera on there property and you don't even know.
Even at school we have camera, more than you would think we have. Most of them are hidden. We went on a little tour of the school to find and discover these cameras. As we walked around we found about seven cameras. About four of them were hidden inside the cafeteria behind things. In some places, you would have never guessed they were there. Its pretty sad to how that you can’t even go to school without being videotaped or having your picture taken. Having cameras at school is just a little bizarre. Why do you need them? You’re at school, people are gonna be watching you already. You don’t need to have extra eyes watching you.
Another reason is some cards that you get look legit, but in the end they aren’t. In order to get that card you had to give them some personal information about you, am i right? I think yeah. Most likely its gonna be your address, your phone number, and your social number. Just giving your social is a big target right there. Once those people have your social you’re done with. They can now have access to your bank account, and everything else, and before you know it someone has taken over. They can track you to know your every move and what you do during your day. As soon as they get enough information about you, they are living your life and have stolen your identity. That is why you have to be very careful on what and who you give out your personal information too. Because, sometimes its the ones that look and make you think they are legit and there not.
Another reason is that some restaurants have hidden cameras. Like really? Restaurants, you can’t even go and enjoy dinner with your family without being filmed. Things these days never seize to amaze me. Why restaurants? What are you gonna do there that you need to have hidden cameras. If you’re going to have cameras in your restaurant they should have a sign so your customers know that they are being filmed. No matter how good your restaurant is, you can easily lose customers by having hidden cameras. No one is gonna want to eat at some place that has to have hidden cameras in there restaruant. Or they would like to know that they are being filmed.
Banks are allowed to have cameras because well they are a bank. Lots of people try to rob banks and that how they catch them. They need to have hidden ones because if they know where the cameras are, chances are they are going to cover them up before they rob. Thats if they are smart enough. Not all people are that smart though.
Nothing is as private as you think anymore. Especially our lives. Now a day’s there’s cameras everywhere you go. These are just a few reasons, there definitely is more places out there and we just haven’t found out yet.