Problems faced by teachers in Brazil | Teen Ink

Problems faced by teachers in Brazil

June 28, 2013
By Heldera BRONZE, Londrina, Other
Heldera BRONZE, Londrina, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Happiness is only real when shared"


The investment in public schools in Brazil started to grow recently. On Monday April 29the President Dilma Roussef said that"the government must submit to Congress a new proposal to allocate resources to education obtained from royalties paid to the government for oil extraction"(G1). However, nowadays there are some problems like the bad working conditions for teachers, the low wages and the discredit of the job teachers have faced in education in Brazil. In this situation a new readjustment is expected in which the focus is need of teachers.
Occasionally, teachers must deal withe undisciplined behavior and violence in schools. Teachers may experience stress in dealing withe large classes, students from disadvantaged or multicultural backgrounds. Even though, teachers expected to educate students who are able to exhibit satisfactory performance on standardised tests, for example: Enem, University Entrance Exam. Many schools in Brazil also have serious problems withe structure like computers without technicians, lack of chairs, poor lighting in classes and that is not limited to a specific reality but many cities in Brazil have theis problems.
Consequently the standard of low teacher's wages is the same nationwide, the majority of teachers in Brazil works 40 hours weekly and they get R$ 1,451 reais(F.SÃO PAULO). Data extremely reliable for thee reason more and more youngsters don't want to be a teacher. Researchers have been done and shown that most youthe who have economic and social advantages can make a professional choice rarely choose training courses for teachers of basic education. This indicates that thee teaching career is not valued(FRANÇA, 2012).
There it is necessary for the government to start to reflect about the mains problems that the teachers have been facing in the last years and do something to improve the teacher's career.