“A man is what he thinks about all day long.” | Teen Ink

“A man is what he thinks about all day long.”

By AlexWeepingSalix SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
AlexWeepingSalix SILVER, Round Rock, Texas

Self-absorbance puzzles me the most. I am unable to understand how some people are satisfied with living their lives in oblivion to the latest news and inventions and only have concerns relating to how many Facebook friends they have, how many “likes” their picture will get on Instagram. I don't care that this sounds a bit too pretentious, why should I hide what I think all day long, for my thoughts are who I am. Those that choose to be ignorant live a life full of ignorance. Discovery comes from thought. I have chosen to be informed, for prior to this year I was just like the next person, uninformed and passive. However, I have discovered that this world of unknowing served me no purpose; I was unable to engage in conversations with others because I had no opinions, I was unaware, callow, immature. Although I am not proud of this, I am happy to say that my shift to a world full of information, opinions and innovation inspires me and I hope to participate in it for the rest of my existence.