The Truth of the World | Teen Ink

The Truth of the World

The Truth of the World

Many countries are not as fortunate financially as the United States. Some countries do not have some of our necessities, such as medicines, or fresh drinking water. Many countries do not even have some of the things that we take for granted. For example, a book, the Bible, has only been translated into over 500 languages, but 2000 of them do not even have a single verse. I am not necessarily saying you need to sell all your possessions to them, and give them all of our money, but instead just raising awareness of those less fortunate.
The simplest things are not even to them sometimes. Many cannot go to school. Many cannot read. Many are sick. Many are dying. There are simple ways to help them out. One way is donate money to help fight diseases such as malaria. You do not have to give up everything, but at that same time everyone deserves a life. Another way is you can support relief groups. Whether religious or not, there are many organizations that can help. If you can help, it will make the world a better place, and give the people hope. Lastly, you can keep them in your thoughts and prayers. This is simple. This is effective. This will change the world. If you show them support and your awareness, we are like a city on a hill, unhidden, for the whole world to see.