Aliens | Teen Ink

Aliens

By TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other
TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." - Anais Nin

we speak in hushed voices so as to not wake our memories

The human brain judges another person in merely 3 seconds. Homo sapiens are inherently judgemental. We derive pleasure from objectifying people all around us which leads to gossip and a competitive environment. When you hear the conversation between two kids it revolves around whose dad is taller or whose mum is a better cook. We justify our acts of putting the other person down by the golden rule of ‘survival of the fittest’. Nobody knows being what is right or wrong, because frankly there is no right or wrong. If the old folk of the society judge your piercings, you in turn question their archaic views. We are scared of changing times, and meeting a person who is nothing like you shakes the ground beneath your feet. You fear the people around you would be influenced by the alien, and evolve to be him. Change is the law of nature, but it is never welcome. Closer home, whenever my dad sees me with any electronic device which is wifi enabled, it sends him into hysterics. “Why aren’t you studying?” “Internet is crap” and other things. It does annoy me; it has almost made me ignore him completely, at all times. But it isn’t a solution. Just the same way, if somebody is not your Xerox copy at school, let him live. Maybe he despises you as much as you despise him. If the world decided to punish everyone who was against us, we would be in a never ending war. Hitler tried, and he doesn’t experience a large fan following. Maybe he was just an extreme version of a bully teenager. The effects of bullying on the one being bullied are innumerable but let us get into the mind of the bully. It seems like he drives pleasure from other’s pain because he feels in control. Maybe he was judged his whole life, maybe he judged himself too. He has no sympathy for people who are like what he used to be. It’s probably like the sentiment we all share for unwanted hair. We all want it off; we never want to see it survive. He just likes preying on the weak. The hair on your arms has no importance, nobody cares for it. Humans always choose the easy way out. Have you ever seen the so called popular being bullied? Everyone chooses the way with less opposition, or in Robert Frost’s words, the road most trodden upon. The bully is basically a very timid person, who would probably cry if you refused if. He puts on a mask of confidence and makes you his slave. A clear NO is an answer we all need to learn. It would probably solve all of our teenage woes. Remember, the next time you see your bully, imagine him as a slithering fish without water. In this case the water being love. Walk with your head held high, maybe he won’t give in so easily, but it the survival of the fittest, and you are fitter! If we stopped telling our children about who is smart, beautiful and other imaginary titles we give to people, they will learn the art of equality. It would be so peaceful if they thought that they were not less a human than Angelina Jolie. Just imagine, all or cells match hers.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dude...that's...so deep. *brain explodes* I LOVE IT! It so full of emotion and yet it's so blunt. And you're right! We should all just be ourselves, yeah? Nice work!

on May. 26 2013 at 1:58 am
TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

Orison Swett Marden

Hehe but never ever pay attention to my grammar. It's hilariously bad :(

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

i always seems more msarter after reading your stuff cause again of the word chocie and i like the topic you chose becuase i think not alot of poeple ever do this topic and you did it flawlessly