Cell Phones Good or Bad | Teen Ink

Cell Phones Good or Bad

March 20, 2013
By angelo sm BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
angelo sm BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Cell phones are not just distracting kids, but also distancing them from their families. Many people tend to believe that cell phones are devices that are for keeping in touch with families, but really are just distancing them. For example many kids have their cell phones where ever they go; no matter where they are going or what they are doing. Kids and teens always have to be nose deep into their cell phones. Clearly, this is how cell phones are distancing kids from relationships and families, and is why this distance needs to be closed.

First, cell phones seem to be very useful to kids at first, but when they have all of these things like Facebook and Instagram it seems like they are always on their phones. This is a problem because it is bad for the child and their relationship with others. When a phone becomes a problem for children and their relationships then there has to be someone to take action.

Second, when kids are on their cell phones they tend to ignore anything else that is going on. For example, a teen can be checking Facebook, and when an adult is talking to them they do not hear a word what they said. Because of this, children and teens start to believe that they need to be on their phones 24/7.

Third, children and teens will no care about if they are not paying attention to school, family, and relationships because they can check all the other things that they have. When young people are doing this; then parents and friends should start to care about what cell phones are doing to their children and friends.

Clearly, cell phones are disrupting our teens and children and we need to help them stay in touch with families and relationships, and keep children and teens away from their phone once in a while.


The author's comments:
my sister inspired me to write this