Predetermined Ruins | Teen Ink

Predetermined Ruins

March 10, 2013
By SuperheroNamedScar SILVER, Savannh, Georgia
SuperheroNamedScar SILVER, Savannh, Georgia
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.


The United States of America is the land of the free and home of the brave, right? Then why do I only see discrimination, blood and rage? We are supposed to be the land that accepts all, the land that represents everything good in this world. I know that we cannot be perfect, not even if the rest of the world wants us to be, but can’t we be better than THIS? Our principles have shifted from liberty, strength and love to imprisonment, torture and indifference. We strive to help the rest of the world and in turn, forget the ones that suffer in our own home. Why do we reach for the stars if our own people cannot reach for another piece of bread or a stable job? Our streets are crowded with the children who have nothing, but themselves to give. Our political system is full of moronic, selfish and/or untrained sharks. Our schools are full of young prisoners who have been promised a chance to grow, but all we do is compress their souls. How can we preach of freedom, of equality, of a better day if our foundation doesn’t have an even ground to build up from?


The author's comments:
An empire, a book, a miracle cannot be built in a day.