We Need Gun Control

Gun control is perhaps the most controversial social issue today. It is imperative, however, that society takes steps to prevent further violence. There have been suggestions including removing guns off the streets to adding more and to fight fear with more fear. This, however, is not the answer. It is vital that gun laws are stricter and less lenient and keep fewer guns in circulation. The NRA has said that teachers should be armed and this is outrageous. If they are, students could be at more danger if someone in the building takes the gun or it falls into the wrong hands. Ideally, no civilian would need any type of gun, but many people use rifles for sport and many for self-protection, but it is rarely necessary. The most realistic approach though, is to outlaw assault rifles and other military-style weapons. There is no need for any citizen to own one of these killing machines. The best way to obtain peace is to take these weapons out of people's hands.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

M8Z22 said...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:01 am:
Thanks for posting this :) My family is in the United States and I'm in the Philippines, and I get terrifeid when I hear about these mass shootings. To know that they can happen in places like elementary schools is shocking, and you don't know where it will happen and to who it will happen to. Lots of people are saying how they don't want their guns taken away, but I believe it will cause less violence. So thanks for sharing my opinion :)