Gun Control | Teen Ink

Gun Control

January 22, 2013
By kaceykat SILVER, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
kaceykat SILVER, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
5 articles 5 photos 9 comments

What’s wrong with the world? People going into schools and shooting children... this recently happened in the community of Newtown, Connecticut. A man went in and shot 26 people (20 children and 6 teachers), and then himself.

The other day my dad was watching the news, and I saw that there is a man that wants to sue the town for not protecting the children. Its not like they knew that it was going to happen, and when it did, the town and school did everything they could to protect the children when it happened. A few days later, the community used the publicity they were getting from the media to raise awareness on gun control. Now, Congress must agree on how to control guns. Should we make high capacity magazines illegal, or control who can buy the guns?

The NRA wants “more guns in more places, including elementary schools”~ Andrew Rosenthal, The Gun Control Agenda Takes Place, located at, http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/the-gun-control-agenda-takes-shape/ .

Watching CNN Student News in class, They said “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with gun.”

Some ideas that people have about how to go about with gun control are:

limiting sizes on high capacity magazines.
Universal background checks without loopholes.
These are just a few ideas that they think may help with the gun control issue.