The Weirdness of Normality | Teen Ink

The Weirdness of Normality

January 13, 2013
By Invisible_writer BRONZE, Eastampton, New Jersey
Invisible_writer BRONZE, Eastampton, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never Judge a Book by its Cover


Define normal.
Boring, un-unique, wallflower, invisible.
That’s what some people strive to be, normal. They are the faces that blend into the crowd, instead of standing out. They are the ones that are too afraid to be different, to be themselves. Doesn’t it make you want to scream, “Be yourselves! Don’t be another normal one!” I know I stand out in a crowd enough, and I'm proud to be who I am, not someone I'm not. The people who aren’t are another story, piling makeup on their faces to be popular, to wearing designer clothes that are way too expensive. Just to be disappointed when it leads to alienating the loyal friends that would stand by you no matter what; and all you have left is someone who doesn’t know you at all. All they would see is another pretty face. Stand out, be who you are. If it’s someone who loves to listen to music than gossip, so be it! Just don’t be a wallflower, or normal.
Someone once told me, “Being normal is weird, being weird is normal.”
I like to think its true.


The author's comments:
I look into a crowd of oncoming people everyday going to class. Only a few people stand out in it.