Killing yourself doesn't make yourself happy...it makes you dead. | Teen Ink

Killing yourself doesn't make yourself happy...it makes you dead.

By Taylar BRONZE, Boyden, Iowa
Taylar BRONZE, Boyden, Iowa

One of the good things about music is that when it hits you, it doesn't hurt.

So you want to kill yourself? Bbecause no one cares about you. Right? No. Imagine your parents walking into your room the next morning only to find a dead body. They’ll try their best not to think negative. Then they start shaking you. Why aren’t you breathing? It hits them and they are broken. Tears. Many tears. More tears then you ever shed. Was it them? Were they the reason why you did this? Every step they take, their hearts will break a little bit more. Do you really want that? More tears. Pain. Every day. Every night. Every single second of every single day. Guilt. More guilt.

What about your friends? They aren’t going to care. Right? No. What’s the first thing that will go through their minds when the principal walks in that morning to announce that your not alive? While your best friend sits there in tears.

That girl you smile at but never talk to? She’s now crying. And that boy who used
to kick your chair under the table? He’s devastated. He blames himself. What about your teachers? Thoughts crossing through their minds. They question if you did this bbecause they didn’t make school comfortable enough for you. Pain. Devastation. All in one. Who organizes your funeral? Who goes through your stuff? Clothes? Notes?

Those few older girls who used to shoot you daggers in the hall? They feel regret. They too, blame themselves.

See, if you kill yourself today, you’ll never know what might happen tomorrow. You’ll never know bbecause you’ll be dead. Plain dead. Not alive. Not breathing. Just dead.

Your family hates themselves for it. Your friends? They fall into depression. Tears. Tears. More tears then a river. All bbecause you killed yourself bbecause you thought no one cared. Right? You are loved. By many. Someone right now is thinking of you. And right now, I’m thinking of anyone who has thought of or is considering suicide. You are beautiful no matter what they say. No matter if you are white, black, red, yellow, fat, short, tall, or anorexic. You are beautiful.

God made you just they way you are. Perfect. Not anything or anyone should ever change that. Not bullies. Not parents. Not other peoples influence on your life. You are in the situation you are in for a reason. You just have to believe in yourself, and trust that God will pull you through it. Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” So that pain your in? Don’t let it beat you. Your way stronger then that. Don’t let anyone or anything change who you are for the worse. Bbecause you are beautiful.

You want to kill yourself? Think about it first. There would be no going back. And I promise, if you do kill yourself, you would not only be hurting yourself, but many others. You would be creating more tears then you led yourself to. You would make everyone feel miserable with the pain and guilt. Never will they feel whole like they did when they had you.

You are beautiful. And you are never, ever, ever...alone.