Look Up or Down | Teen Ink

Look Up or Down

By Ashley Hampton BRONZE, Jay, Oklahoma
Ashley Hampton BRONZE, Jay, Oklahoma

“Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” –Dalai Lama

People often cast their happiness on the shoulders of the people that they surround themselves with. It is not anyone’s responsibility, but their own, to create happiness for them. An individual makes a certain perspective for themselves, either a positive or negative outlook. Life is pointless if it is miserable and that has to do with the person’s outward view on everything, which is misunderstood a lot of the time. In any situation there are two options, look for a resolution, or dwell on something that cannot be changed. Many people want the attention so people feel sorry for them, that is selfish because if God has given them another day and opportunity to live, then there is nothing to feel sorry for. Life is too short to not be happy. Nobody will ever have a perfect life that never has any tragedies, but what makes a person is how they deal with and get through them. One only go through life once. The moments that pass can never be taken back so make the best of every good and every bad situation. Wasting time worrying about things that can not be changed is a waste of the time that is left of ones life. The greatest life lesson that one can obtain is living each moment to the fullest.