What is an American? | Teen Ink

What is an American?

By CatCam GOLD, San Diego, California
CatCam GOLD, San Diego, California

“Writers aren't exactly people, they're a whole lot of people trying to be one person" F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Hard work is for the poor and not the rich man. That ladies and gentlemen is just not true. To have the freedom to fly we need the hard work and the spirit to make it happen. To give and get acceptance we need hard work to change our views. To bring unity about take hard work to not throttle our allies. Many came to place that we call home because the work they did for the crown or militia was never appreciated and flushed away so that the man who did it shall starve along with his family. Many came here for the betterment of their family and left all of their hard work behind. Yet when they came here they worked hard to make this land home so they can say the words “I am an American” with pride in their hearts and a glint in their eyes. To say climb that mountain has never been done before and you’ll surely die and the only American of heart shall scoff and forge ahead. With hard work he shall be the first to climb that rock and conquer it.

Some might scoff at hard work but to be an American you need to work hard. I know families who have the worst of luck but the preserve and come out stronger than before with hard work. No matter what hard work to a true American helps you be stronger and ready for anything. It doesn’t if you’re an academic, or a military man, or maybe a man who works with their hand if you work hard you can do anything and achieve your dream. Because working hard to your dreams is what it takes to be an American.

This was just a school project until i realized what this actually meant. most of what i wrote and write i believe but some is just to make a point.