CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE!?! | Teen Ink

CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE!?!

August 7, 2012
By BritChick32 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
BritChick32 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be the change you want to see in the world.










- Gaundi


Today I was talking to one of my friends who was planning on going to the movies but was scared. She was scared because of the recent mass killing at a different theater and I asked her this. What has our world come to? She agreed and said this "too bad we can not do anything about it". I knew that us teens are not powerless but just because I think that doesn't mean everyone else dose. As quickly as trends spread why can't peace, love, justice, or rights spread the same way? Dose everyone think they are powerless without a vault stuffed of money and their face on every TV channel? I am here to tell you that we have a voice and we have power. "Be the change you want to see in the world". This is a quote from Gandhi and my personal favorite. This is what we need to do. My mom always said peace starts at home. We all start at home but then we leave home yet we never forget where we started. Well I say we start by making peace at home then when we leave home and find our voices spread them to the people we meet and the place we will go! We will never forget the time we stated but we should never see the time we end.