What If

What if? What if the world was made of peace and kindness, what if there was no hatred? What if we had the "perfect economy"? What if there was no such thing as violence? While this all sounds extremely appealing, just think about it. If this was the case, then nothing would be the same as it is today. Our lives have been shaped around this mold of a world, and we have adapted with it. As I have heard many times, "Necessity breeds solution." While we are confronted daily with new trials, we find a way to fix it or tolerate it. If everything was perfect and dandy, we wouldn't be able to handle conflict, for where there is man, there also will be evil. No matter how perfect we imagine this alternate world to be, evil will always take root and begin to spread, as it has done now. For example, our nation needs guidance; we elect a president. People that are poor and can't get a job are aided by our government until they can get back on their feet. And while I know that people often take advantage of this, it is also true that many others have sincerely needed it, and it may have saved their lives. The world may be a cruel and unjust place, but we can and will adapt to fit it, for better of for worse, and we will always pull through in the end. Even though we are at war, we would still be capable of making a peace treaty and binding together at the last minute. This is the simple brilliance of mankind. While human nature is often selfish and uncaring, we have seen many extreme acts of kindness in the past, present, and we foresee many more in the future. People may argue that it is unfair, a whole nation is evil, or even a single person, but a person or even a nation can change with unity. So next time you think, "What if the world was perfect?" Think instead, "How can I change today's world for the better?"

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:21 am:
Great message. I agree with you on most of these subjects. Sorry, I'm not used to rating this kind of thing, but I can tell that you did a great job. 4/5. :D

Waistband said...
Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:45 am:
I love the message and how much thought i placed into this. It is so true what you say and I feel just the same as you do on these issues. Its an great way to think about the world and definitly a very good outlook and thought process to follow.  I especially love the ending to it. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:18 pm:
Hey! This is great!! You are kinda saying like, without pain we would not know jou. Very poetic and very opinionated!! I guess we are similar in that way ) Awesome job Lisa :) Keep rockin

newsoulpoet replied...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:41 am :
Thanks Liv! (: And yes, that is precisely my point...

albinotiger said...
at first the poem is all happy and stuff but my favorite part is when u were saying that evil always plants it roots (very poetic) 5 stars!! maybe you could check out my fiction piece Masquerade Journey !

newsoulpoet replied...
Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
Thank you for your response! It is a true thing, and I write  a lot of poetry, so they kind of intertwined. Thanks again! :)

Varlen-Byrd said...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:18 am:
i really like the messege of your story and what your saying. if people acted more instead of wishing for change the world would be a much different place.

newsoulpoet replied...
Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:12 pm :
Thanks! :) I really appreciate the feedback, and i do truly believe the message in it.

Varlen-Byrd said...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:18 am:

Varlen-Byrd said...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:18 am: