THE PREAMBLE OF INDIA’S CONSTITUTION

THE PREAMBLE OF INDIA’S CONSTITUTION

“WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having
Solemnly resolved to constitute India into a
Sovereign socialist secular
Democratic republic and to secure
To all its citizens:

Justice, social economic and political;

Liberty of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;

Equality of status and of opportunity;

And to promote among them all

Fraternity assuring the dignity of the individual and the

Unity and integrity of the nation;

In our constituent assembly this twenty-sixth day of November, 1949, do hereby adopt, enact and give to ourselves this constitution.”
This is the preamble of the constitution of India, devised by the greatest historical personalities of that time. I feel ashamed to write this, but at the same time revolted, that their endeavors just went down the drain. All the words in bold have a great significance in every nation’s preamble. They are the pillars and prominent supporters of a nation’s past, present and future. The pillars of India's preamble had been impregnable in the past, are assailable in the present and if the negative factors continue to operate, will be unsubstantiated in the future. I’ll tell you how…
WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA- the word ‘people’ seems misfit when we come to know of the persistence human trafficking and slave trade. Aren’t those ‘humans’ or ‘people’ whom we sell or treat like they’re nothing but the dust of our shoes?
SOVEREIGN- we are governed by a prime minister exhibiting robotic lineaments and whose remote control lies in the hand of an Italian-descent woman. In short, the ‘res publica’ is run by a foreign resident. Actually, not ‘run’; ‘run down’. Does that justify us as being autonomous?
SOCIALIST- state ownership of an industry is a thing of the past. Now is the time when the owner doesn’t give his/her company’s rights even to his/her family. Now is the time when people prefer foreign brands rather than those made in their own state or beloved country.
SECULAR- we don’t have a national religion; we are free to follow any religion we want- Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Muslimism, Christianity, Jainism or Parsiism. Still, Hindus fight with Muslims or have such odium against them that they start harming their mosques? Or Muslims start crusading against Hindus? When we have the right to follow our religious beliefs then why does the issue of comparison or interference arise? We can mind our own business, can’t we?
On the subject of democracy or republican government, I won’t comment because then the topic of corruption arises which tests the patience of the readers.
I won’t go further either. When the first four lines are so displeasing then there’s no motive to write further.
If any Indian happens to come across this article, I would like to make one petition- India of today is so ‘not happening’

You already know of our pauperism

Spread the message to the denizens of India,

That it’s high time they opened their eyes

And realized that now the crusade involves

them too. Turn obtrusive, turn belligerent;

and turn finally into the nationals of India.

JAI HIND!

earthhashope said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:13 am

Awesome!!! I have this preamble by heart!!! Ia m proud to be an Indian!!!!!

LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!! JAI HIND!!!

:)

KanupriyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:15 am
JAI HIND! :)

xxRozxx said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:12 am
AGREED!!!.....I STRONGLY FEEL THE SAME...

B.Madu said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:51 am
very patriotic and energetic Kanu! nice. and also will u pls check out my work?

Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:06 am

aw...thanks B.madu! 

sure i wud love to see urs... :)