"I love you, pumpkin" | Teen Ink

"I love you, pumpkin"

Not all of us know what it's like to have loving parents. Most people ignore the outstanding number of abused children, but I know so many people who have been physically abused. My mother was beaten, my father sexually abused me, my male friend was "grounded" from food for a week, "grounded" from all human contact for a week, forced onto unnecessary medications, and so much more. My female friend was locked, secluded in a small room for the first 4 years of life. Her mother tried to drown her, still goes at her with a knife, and forces her hands into boiling water, just to name a few. Child abuse is never okay. If you bring a child into this world, you better be f***ing ready to take care of it! Until my friends told me about this, I never knew hate. I now know that hate is very possible in me. Some people do not deserve to have children, or even to live. If you witness child abuse, call child protective services, and DO NOT let the parents lie, and convince the police that the kid is lying, and is just a whiny little brat! That has happened too many times. The abusive parent plays the perfect person when the government is there, and they get the police on their side. My father is still walking the streets a free man, though he lost custody, and my friend's parents are still free, though he's moved out now that he's 21. My female friend is still trapped, which nobody should ever be. Take a stand against this horrible atrocity. For me, for my friends, for abused and neglected children everywhere.

This is a piece I wrote on child abuse. I hope this inspires you to do something if someone tells you something is going on like this. Please don't let this continue!