Graffiti Writing | Teen Ink

Graffiti Writing

By Tahir Hopkins BRONZE, Aurora, CO, Colorado
Tahir Hopkins BRONZE, Aurora, CO, Colorado

Graffiti is just another way to express yourself as being a form of a artist. So what I’m trying to say is, graffiti shouldn’t be illegal. It’s just creative writing with colors, yea it destroys but it also builds character. If they want their property to stop getting destroyed then they should make places for graffiti artist to do their work. People should want places to be more colorful.

Some supports of allowing graffiti will let artist express themselves in a way they know how. Allowing graffiti will keep people from doing it illegally in places that are illegal. Allowing graffiti will be helpful because places could be set up where it’s not illegal.

Graffiti is gang affiliated is what some people say but its’ really not. Graffiti is what you view of it and how you feel about it. Yea graffiti started out with gangs but then smarter people decided to take it to a new level of art.

Graffiti is a way to do what you what you love just like anybody else does what they love. Graffiti is a way to blow off stress, and put all that anger and pain into your work. Graffiti is a way to show off your skill or talent or whatever you want to call it. Graffiti is a way to group up with friends and have a good time and show off your art to all your friends. Graffiti is a way to show off cool looking things such as crispy lines, or big fat letters, or just a lot of color.

Graffiti takes time, patience, talent, skill, and a place to display it.

Graffiti cans might be expensive and it might ruin your clothes or buildings, as some people say but that’s all part of the game. Graffiti is just the same as an painter painting, a rapper rap, a contractor contract. Those are peoples jobs they get paid to do what they love.

So why can’t graffiti artist get paid to do what they love to do. Why is graffiti illegal!? Why do I see people get arrested for what I believe to be there job! I thought this was a free world, yea there is limits to this free world, but why is graffiti one of those limits! If people want their stuff to stop getting “destroyed” then they should build places for them to “do work.”

Graffiti shouldn’t be illegal, its’ just a form of writing. Great amazing writing. Graffiti isn’t bad the only reason why people view it as bad is because of where its done and where it was originated. But if people just give it a chance instead of assuming the worst of the worst. People just give it a chance its wonderful, give it a try. I think you will enjoy it to fullest. Then just give it some practice, and guess what then you might be the one getting arrested for now what you like to do for a hobby. Graffiti shouldn’t be illegal. Its’ just writing!!

tribiss said...
on Apr. 19 2021 at 11:56 am
tribiss, Lethbridge, Other
graffiti didnt start from gang affiliation it came from a place of prejudice where peoples voices wernet being heard so they began painting it on public property for other people to see, read, and interpret. graffiti is meant to be illegal. the day the graffiti becomes pure unadulterated art is the day it loses the meaning behind it. graffiti shouldnt be made legal it should more rather be accepted by those who know where it comes from and why.

Assface said...
on May. 16 2016 at 10:20 am
They only paint on someones property because there is no designated area for them to spray their art in it, therefore graffiti is a form of self expression and an art that should not be illegal unless abused

evandille said...
on Apr. 28 2016 at 4:36 pm
evandille, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'm a graff artist, and I can tell you: graff should be illigal. It ruins people's stuff. i would never paint on someone's PRIVATE property. I really only go under obscure bridges. Graff artists don't get paid at all, by the way. Ruining people's stuff isn't art, I will tell you that!