We Simply Can't Know...So Stop Pretending that You Do | Teen Ink

We Simply Can't Know...So Stop Pretending that You Do

By the time a person is an adult most of all her/his perceptions of life and reality are completely formed. And their attitude about anything that contradicts their fully formed ideas is, "Don't confuse me with the evidence and the facts, my mind has already been made up for me!" >yeah well, prepare! For some of you, I might be breaking the comfort zone.
A person's world view is so very small. Culturally structured by assumptions and commitments underlining one's perception of "reality." Therefore her/his understanding of Life is inadequate. Plus, the average person only has access to 1-4% of his or her brain, even Einstein who had an IQ of like 164 only had access to 10% of his brain- I wouldn't trust a brain that is so unable to comprehend so little because of its limits. In short, we tend to measure life's possibilities by our own limited experience and are taught to view reality or truth in socially prescribed ways. But what if what is thought to be socially "correct" is wrong? -I'm not even going to bother to try answering that.
To be blunt, how 'bout we all just stop pretending, shall we? The universe is a big world out there and even the scientists admit that there's even other dimensions. I think it is impossible for man to know the 100/100 truth of everything -at least in this life. There's simply to much in reality to even dare think that we can fathom it all. Seriously, in just one cell in your body there's enough information in it's genes to fill approximately one thousand books that's six hundred pages each. Just one cell. I doubt if you could read and remember that much information in a life time! So, if we humans can't even know the physical, scientific truth. how can even think we can know everything "out-there" or about God?
Of course, any common Christian would say, "Just read the Bible and you'll find the Truth." Yes, perhaps. But if you think about it, there's so many doctrines and ideas that can even totally contradict each other from just one verse. So even had read the Bible I still have to go back to the guessing game and decide which interpretation is true; unfortunately there's no 100% guarantees that I'll choose the truth.

I really don't know if all the doctrines even matter. Would you and I suffer some kind of judgement if we decide that the parable of the Ten virgins is about a rapture or not? Well, as for me, so that I won't get a headache, (as a Christian myself) I'm just going to stick to the basics of the intended, original Christianity.
Love God. Love everyone. Period.

Sova6 BRONZE said...
Sova6 BRONZE, St. Paul, Minnesota

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is better to be absolutely ridiculouse than absolutely boring- Monroe

thank you :)

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

THANK YOU.

I am an atheist but most of my problems with Christianity stem out of the people that practice it, not the faith itself. Jesus taught love and acceptance; I try to love and accept without pushing my version of "the truth" on everyone else. This is a great essay and I can practically FEEL your brain working as it progresses. Good work :)