Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By Rachey123 BRONZE, Collinsville, Oklahoma
Rachey123 BRONZE, Collinsville, Oklahoma

"Storms Don't Last Forever."
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ The Lord Who Strengthens Me."

Have you ever bullied or been bullied? If you have bullied or been bullied then you should know how bullying feels like. Bullying is very negative and creates major problems for our society. Nothing good comes out of bullying. It could very well change or ruin a person’s life. In fact, it does ruin many people’s lives. Kids can be mentally scarred if they are teased often. Even worse, they could be killed or fatally injured if the bullying gets extreme. There are many causes for bullying which must be taken care of before bullying can be stopped. T.V. violence, families in poverty, and mis-teachings are just several of the many serious causes for bullying. Bullying must be stopped or prevented no matter how long it will take, it is a deeply concerning matter. Bullying does not always have to be childish play, it can be extremely violent. People may be bruised, injured, or even killed.

Since 2001 I've had a younger brother, his name is Logan.
He is ADHD, Autistic, Hyper Active, and has mood changes.
Yet, everyone treated him differently. They acted as if he wasn't even human.
Since Logan first started school he had been picked on. As he gets older, it just keeps getting worse and worse. I feel bad for him. He has very few friends, Some of whom I don't even trust or feel as though they accept him.

My brother may be different, but he's still the same. When he first started school, he had absolutley no friends. Everyone ignored him. He would sit alone at lunch. When he got into elementary school, it got worse. He still had no friends. He never went outside, barley talked. It was as if he didn't even feel like trying. In third grade, my mom had to leave work early to go get my brother from school because he had little freak outs, and threw objects, and started crying when he got mad, or annoyed. People picked on him, calling him names such as; Loser, Dork, Nerd, Cry-baby, Weirdo, etc. In 5th grade -this year- he has one real friend, his name is matthew, but he moved to tulsa. The other so called “friends” he had barley came over or talked to him. The only time they did come over
was when he was playing video games. This year, my brother suffered from a seizure, he even went into depression, he always said “i hate my life, I wish I was dead, I hate you, you don't love me.” To everyone that even acted as though they cared for him. It hurt me to see him like this. Then he would come home crying, telling me how bad of a day he had. Saying, people hit him, people yelled at him, people ignore him, people called him names. Just hearing that makes me wish as though I could help him, but I can't. It hurts so bad. No matter how many times he gets knocked down, hit, yelled at, I can't help. When my brother is in a good mood, sometimes I wonder if he is just faking to protect us, to protect himself. It's sad because he doesn't realize what's going on. He doesn't stand up for himself, not because he can't, but because he is scared to. This next year my baby brother will be entering middle school, it's only going to get worse, and I don't think he realizes that.

My brother may not yet understand the world because life hasn't completley hit him yet, but i'll try to make him understand. He isn't different, yet he's not the same. My brother deserves so much better. I'm proud of how strong he is, how fast he is growing up. I'm proud of him. My little brother is my everything. And it hurts me to see him getting hurt. I would do anything for him. I would do anything to see him smile. People can call him names, and he won't listen. People can push him down, but he'll get right back up. People can ignore him, and he'll find a way to cope. And i'll be there filling his heart, mind, and soul, with hope. I love my brother. He is strong. Stronger than myself. He doesn't let things or people get to him, but I do. I'll do everything I can to make him safe. To keep him safe. My brother has confidence in himself, and his family, and that means a lot to me. He will always be a first-rate version of himself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else. To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see everyday, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism, you can perform. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. It is my brother's choices that shows who he truly is, far more than his abilities. My brother is strong, smart, and witty. My brother is brave, caring, and loving. My brother is someone I wish I understood better, someone that i'd like to be. He can, and will stand up for himself. If he needs a push than fine. That's what i'll give him.

One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them, because I know who I am, and my brother knows who he is.

To this day, my brother has grown. He doesn't speak harshfully towards himself or others anymore, or speak of being bullied. But my brother has been threw so much already with his Mood Swings, Hyper Activity, and his Seizure. It doesn't matter that my brother is 4 years younger than me, what matters is, he is my hero. And I hope someday that I gain the ability to become stronger, to ignore hateful remarks, and other bullying. I love my brother, and he loves me. We have eachother and that's all we need.