Child Labor | Teen Ink

Child Labor

How can we stop this in all countries? This question has been asked many times but no one can change this. In the least developing countries 30% of children are in child labor and the highest proportion of child laborers is in sub Sahara Africa where 26% of children are in work. Worldwide, 126 million children work in hazardous conditions, often enduring beatings, humiliation and sexual violence by their employers. Child labor grows in the world every year working mostly in factories and on farms and this is what human rights are trying to stop. People are trying to spread human rights around the world to give children and adults the rights to live in freedom with food and shelter. We need to change our way of life before child labor gets worse and worse.

Child Labor has impacted people to use children as soldiers or as slaves for their own problems. Child labor isn’t only used in poor countries it is used all over the world in places that you wouldn’t think would. Big companies like Nike and Apple use child labor but no one tries to stop this. Diamonds found in jewelry stores are dug up by children every day in mines dying from the hardships of the work. Next time you buy a product you need to think of the people who made them and how many lives are gone because of it.