Are we really connected?

Social networking sites and chatting via internet have shrunk the football sized world to a walnut. But if we seem to be moving toward unfettered union, we could also be seen as being more isolated than we’ve ever been before. Communication Technology has now contributed paradoxically to an actual lessening of live human contact, for instance, shopping from home becomes easier than driving to the store and speaking with a clerk. Folks, don’t reckon that I am against tech. I am perfectly aware of the numerous benefits comm.tech has bestowed upon us, but it’s important to sort out the venom it spreads.

”The right partner’s waiting for u; what r u waiting for?” inquire the ads for online dating services. The ritual of dating, which once involved awkward blushes and vulnerable situations might become sterilized. As people become more alienated from face-2-face human contact, they reach out more desperately for friendship in d only place they feel comfortable -‘online’. We are surrounded by appeals 2 join d 21st century, but the very tech is offering only a substitute which is a false notion of tightly-knit community. In place of real human interaction we now have what might be called as “virtual relationships”.

JustPaperAndPencil said...
This is sooo true! It's really good! I agree with you 100% Good job! (:

alex27 replied...
May 3, 2012 at 12:47 am
thanks that means a lot 2 me

peachybeech said...

This is so true! People nowadays are cutting the chord on human contact that is necessary in forming true, honest relationships. I loved the use of internet slang throughout, it really emphasized your point. Great job! 

Check out my work? c:

alex27 replied...
May 3, 2012 at 12:50 am
thanks and ya i shall check out urs

CourtneyElaine said...
Amazing broo .. But aint that what you doinhg on here? Socialising via the tinterweb????

alex27 replied...
yeah sis.. i'm just warning against addiction

CourtneyElaine replied...
May 3, 2012 at 11:35 am
Sorry bro I am addicted hahaha :) we had to write something similar in English class the other week :)

maddyhatter said...
stated your point well good job

alex27 replied...
thanks maddy

maddyhatter said...
we are working on the proper elements of debate in school and this has all of them you stated your point well

alex27 replied...
yeah !! it indeed is a hot topic for a debate :)

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I completely agree with all of this! Well said, Alex27. :-)

alex27 replied...
May 1, 2012 at 12:09 am
thanks bud..