Life In Today's Society | Teen Ink

Life In Today's Society

March 27, 2012
By AndreeaIoan97 SILVER, Cathedral City, California
AndreeaIoan97 SILVER, Cathedral City, California
7 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A Woman was created out of a Mans rib; not his feet to be walked on, and not his head to be superior, but his side to be equal." - Author not known.


Every word thought, every sentence written and every conversation spoken now and days are deprived of self-thought. Children, age doesn’t matter, have all been taught what to say. Not by parents or teachers, it all comes from this common word used every day, yet no one has truly understood what it stands for. Society. Simple right? Well, truly the word Society is a name for all of us; People. Each one of us judges. We might say we don’t, however the human mind can’t help but to. It’s impossible because of how Society works.

Think about it this way; Society is a How to Live Your Life manual. The real world is divided into many parts. You have the Diplomats, Workers, Freelancers, and the Currently Unemployed. If you are lucky enough to be born directly into the Diplomat level, you are set. However, for most of us, the hard working people who give 90% of themselves to their jobs to try to get a promotion and get to the point where you can afford to take a second to breath, we have fight battles. We don’t know what designer clothes feel like. We don’t know how a Bugatti drives. We have absolutely no idea of what superior manners to use. We are “common people”. Common Law applies to us. We live by the saying, “Beggars can’t be choosers”. We don’t have a fair chance in Society.

Society first tries discouraging us. We don’t give up. Then it slowly starts creeping up on the things we like the best. It tears it down, and we are left with nothing. Society takes advantage of us because we don’t have “power”. It makes it almost impossible to get anywhere without pain and sweat. It makes us work until blisters form on our palms. When we finally reach a tiny little reassurance, it makes us feel unworthy and less then. It’s amazingly horrifying how many people give up. So many people are afraid to speak their mind, because the thought of judgment and prejudice haunts them.

This is why we need to defeat Society. All of us need to put a stop to these rules we have to play by. We have to start living our lives with courage and strength. We are not living this tough life to please society. We should live our lives for ourselves. We need to achieve what makes us happy, and proud. We can do what WE like and love. Society should not control us. Also it should not judge us. That we cannot control, people have their own opinions and we must respect that for it is our Natural Right, but we shall not stand in anyone’s way. We should support each other and not be jealous. I have faith that one that, people will realize that being normal isn’t following society’s rules. It’s being yourself, and no one else.

This applies to not only adults but kids as well. Teenagers mostly. Learn to love and have a little bit of respect and tolerance for each other. Treat each other, as you’d like to be treated. Do a just one good thing, and see how it feels. It will feel rewarding, and give you a sense of accomplishment. One tiny thing may lead to a chain reaction, both bad and good.

The author's comments:
This is my personal opinion on today's Society and how it works.