Divorce | Teen Ink

Divorce

By Heather1996 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Heather1996 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

Do you know someone who is divorced? Well most of us do, 50% of all marriages end in divorce. Couples start out with the wrong mindset while going into marriage. Marriage is a promise, a commitment that should last forever with your soul mate. Before couples get married they need to think about the future and the days ahead of them instead of what seems right at the moment.
Marriage is not something to go through if you’re going to stop loving the person, because if you have children it puts them through difficulties and emotional pain. Through divorce the kids are the ones who suffer the most. It’s usually the mother that wins custody over her child and ends in finical debt. A third of single mothers raising kids end in poverty. When a couple have a kid before splitting up the child feels guilty about it. The children are the ones who feel like it’s their fault that their parents split up, they often say things like “If only I was better at getting good grades.” or something along those lines. A marriage is a special deal from God that should last forever, and divorced marriages have financial struggles.

Some people say now that they have ended their marriage their life is better and healthier, which is the complete opposite. Getting a divorce affects your health too. Divorced couples feel anxiety, stress, fear, and anger all throughout their lives. To get away from these feelings people often smoke, drink, and get addicted. You get no sleep and feel lonely, even as the time goes by after being divorced you feel isolated from everyone and alone. It is not good to be living your life like this. The Bible says in Genesis 2:24 “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” I don’t think a husband and wife should split after being united together as one.

Woman suffers more than men do in a divorce. Women aren’t made to be the head of the home; they are supposed to submit to their husbands. It’s not right to just leave your spouse. Women suffer a 30-40 decline on their standard average of living. Women will have a hard time providing for her children with a low income, 90% of all divorces the mother will receive custody of the children.

Divorced couples often say how glad they were to get a divorce. Which is sad to think, but they say they are happier now that their home is at peace. It’s true that there is less tension in the house instead of the constant bickering, but if you are getting a divorce with the one you once married then you obviously didn’t love them. The only good thing that a divorce may help with is if you are in an abusive relationship and need out of it, but then again what was the point of marrying the person if all they wanted was to push you around or abusive you?

People will date and will find the one “perfect” for them and will get married. Now a days people don’t realize what a huge deal it is and just do it because they are bored or lonely. To change this problem about divorce rates the couple needs to have the right mindset before going into a marriage. They need to consider all possibilities before they get married. Divorce isn’t right, and you’ll suffer in some way.