Imperfections

There has always been an image in my head of what a girl should be and what I am not. That girl in my head is skinny, has a nice body, has tan summer skin, beautiful facial features and gorgeous, flowing hair down to her butt. Last year, that girl was standing next to me every time I looked into the mirror, every time I looked down at my body, every moment I caught a glimpse of myself. I think that this girl is in everyone, and that it looks different for everyone. I learned that my imperfections are only seen as imperfections in my mind because of the influence others have on me. That girl in my mind was only there to point out my every imperfection, and to remind me of what imperfections are seen as. I also learned something vital; I am that girl. I am the one who made that girl, and she is nonexistent. Nobody on Earth can be completely perfect from the inside out. I am happy for who I am and what I stand for. For anybody out there reading this, black or white, girl or boy, whatever; remember that you are beautiful, and the way you see yourself reflects how you see others. Be happy with yourself and don’t bring yourself down. That girl inside your head shouldn’t either.

NickyJ said...

Well, I'm not a girl but I definitely know about not liking your self image.

And while I don't like the cliche of this decade, the whole "You are beautiful" thing, I think you wrote this well. Good work.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:34 am
really a very nice work :) keep writing