Violence in Teens | Teen Ink

Violence in Teens

By A.ashenfelter BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
A.ashenfelter BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

Most teenagers react violently in situations because of their environment. Whether it’s their home, neighborhood, school, whichever. It’s the people in those environments that make up the character or personality in future teens.
Parents make a huge impact on their child. Bad parenting can also lead to their teenager to become violent, just by watching their parent as an example. Or when the parent grew up and was abused as a kid most likely will do the same to their children “fifty percent of men who abuse their spouse will abuse their children. As sad as it sounds, three million children are at risk of being assaulted by a parent each year. A teen growing up with their mother being abused will more likely be a violent teenager and adult, than a teen that grows up in a loving home”(teen).
Teens don’t know how to react in a more peaceful, calm manner when they only know destruction. Most teen girls that were abused or around an abusive environment will most likely be in an abusive relationship. “In addition to the lives taken and injuries suffered, partner violence shatters the sense of well- being that allows people to thrive. It also can cause health problems that last a lifetime, and diminish children’s prospects in school and in life” (futures).
Teen violence needs to end. It’s becoming too sad, and too out of hand. Kids also die from something as serious as this. It shouldn’t be taken lightly and unnoticed. “More than 30 youths died violently in Chicago last school year” (Cabinet). “Nearly two weeks ago, this nation was shocked, shocked by a video showing scenes of such graphic violence that they left an indelible mark in the mind of every American who has seen them” (cabinet).
It’s difficult for some people to understand the significance in why some teens react the way they do, but it’s better for the world if we all take precautions in our teens.